HEALTHY TURKEY CHILI RECIPE
From: I Heart Naptime
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 45 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR
Healthy Turkey Chili – This easy recipe is hearty and delicious with plenty of flavors! Can easily be made in the slow cooker as well. Nothing beats a comforting bowl of turkey chili!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2-3 Tablespoons chili powder (more to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-2 cups chicken broth (depending on how thick you like your chili)
- 30 ounces petite diced tomatoes (two 15 oz cans)
- 15 ounces dark red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 15 ounces black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 15 ounces white chili beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 1/2 cups corn (canned or frozen, optional)
- Optional toppings: cheese, sour cream, cilantro, avocados, tortilla chips
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, peppers and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the onions become translucent. Add in the ground turkey and cook until lightly browned. Drain if needed. Stir in seasonings.
- Next add in the chicken broth, tomatoes and beans. Add corn if desired. Bring turkey chili to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for at least 30 minutes. The longer the better. Taste and add more salt and seasonings if desired.
- Ladle turkey chili into bowls and top with your favorite toppings.
To make this a slow cooker meal, simply follow the instructions up until adding the seasonings. Then place the remaining ingredients in the slow cooker with the cooked turkey. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
CALORIES: 359KCAL | CARBOHYDRATES: 53G | PROTEIN: 30G | FAT: 4G | CHOLESTEROL: 31MG | SODIUM: 606MG | POTASSIUM: 1306MG | FIBER: 15G | SUGAR: 7G | VITAMIN A: 27.5% | VITAMIN C: 41.6% | CALCIUM: 12.6% | IRON: 39.2%